Date: 11/8/17 7:23 am
From: Jonathan Lutz <jlutz...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Paton Center backyard CLOSED. Front yard, meadow garden OPEN
Good morning, fellow birders!

Yesterday (Tuesday, November 7) we began the final phase of revitalizing
the Paton Center's backyard viewing area. The backyard will be closed until
approximately December 15 while a crew constructs a permanent viewing
shelter. Some construction activity and noise will be present at the
property during this period.

The public is welcome to access the front yard viewing area and the Richard
Grand Memorial Meadow. Both spaces remain open during construction. The
latter is the large garden adjacent to Blue Heaven Road. The Paton-TNC
trail is also open.

Today we're continuing to make adjustments to both seed and hummer feeders
to maximize viewing opportunities. The birds are responding well--a small
group of Canyon Towhees are enjoying the brush pile and drip station in the
front yard as I type. A Violet-crowned Hummingbird was visiting a pair of
feeders by the meadow pond yesterday afternoon.

Thank you for your patience during this period. If you have questions or
concerns, please feel free to email me. I look forward to seeing you soon
in Patagonia!

Warm regards,
Jonathan Lutz

Jonathan E. Lutz