Date: 11/8/17 7:10 am
From: Zachary Millen <zjmillen...>
Subject: Re: Extralimital CORN CRAKE Suffolk Co, NY
Also, just now according to facebook police cleared the median where people
were viewing. Driving by along the highway may be your only viewing option,
so be careful. Please follow our code of ethics and respect police
direction, and hopefully a solution can be worked out with local officers
soon.

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Zachary Millen <zjmillen...> wrote:

> This bird continues this morning at the same spot according to multiple
> reports on the NY list.
>
> Parking instructions have been elaborated. Please be careful:
>
> "Parking is technically illegal along the Ocean Parkway, and in the
> morning there are many cars traveling to work along it. Many parked cars
> are bound to eventually cause the police to chase people away, especially
> during rush hour.
>
> A close suggested parking spot is nearby Overlook Beach, just east of
> Cedar Beach on the ocean (south side) of the parkway. From there it's a
> 5-10 minute walk east. Also, although the bird tolerated fast moving cars,
> it was very skittish if it detected people or cars stopping next to it.
>
> For those not familiar with the area this is about a 15 minute drive east
> of the Jones Beach water tower, in Suffolk County."
>
> Good luck if you chase!
>
> Zach
>
> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Zachary Millen <zjmillen...>
> wrote:
>
>> This just posted to the NY listserv:
>>
>> Date: 11/7/17 11:44 am
>> From: <suefeustel...>
>> Subject: [nysbirds-l] Corn Crake at Cedar Beach (Suffolk Co.)
>> A Corn Crake (this is no joke) is currently feeding on the north shoulder
>> of the Ocean Parkway east of the Cedar Beach marina. The bird is staying
>> close to the shrubline. From the west bound lane line up the Cedar Overlook
>> cell tower to your left. Also, there is a south facing “Emergency Stopping
>> Only” sign on the north side of the parkway. Sue and I are watching the
>> bird with Shai Mitra and Pat Lindsay. Photos later on my Flickr site.
>>
>> Ken @ Sue Feustel
>>

>> Zach Millen
>> Akron

Join us on Facebook!