Date: 11/8/17 6:30 am
From: Emily Heiser <emily.heiser...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] The Shorebird Show
Hi Harvey & all,

American Oystercatcher banding in New Jersey has evolved over the years
using various types of bands and band codes. The current format is an
orange band with a triangle alpha-numeric code. Double digit alpha-numeric
codes were used up until the last two or three years. The switch was made
range-wide to account for more band combinations. The colors have
historically indicated which state the bird was banded in (NJ - orange, VA
- black, MA - yellow, etc). Be aware of yellow as the early NJ orange
bands have faded to yellow over the years. In recent years, states have
clumped colors together - now NY & NJ are sharing orange bands. Please
report all band resights for AMOY to the American Oystercatcher Working
Group. Here is the link to the report form:
http://ancperch.org/amoy/public_menu.php?

The general AMOY WG website also discusses more information on banding,
resighting and AMOY conservation. http://amoywg.org/

Good resighting,

Emily Heiser

--