Date: 11/8/17 5:41 am
From: Jeremy Ross <jeremy.ross...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Surf Scoters, Prides Creek, Pike County
Reports of Surf Scoters inLoogootee at Boggs Creek Resevoir prompted me to check my local lake. I was surprised to find 4 Surf Scoters on Prides Creek Park as well. The 4 ducks slept nearly the whole time I watched them and did not readily associate with the Ruddy and Buffleheads. According to Ebird this is a new county bird. The diversity and number of waterfowl species greatly picked up over the past few days as this lake contained an estimated 40 Pie Billed Grebes and 7 Horned Grebes. I also saw the seasons first Redhead pair with the seasons first Ring necks on a nearby pit. The Hooded Mergansers on Prides Creek were busy courting.

Jeremy Ross
Petersburg, IN

Join us on Facebook!