Date: 11/7/17 10:11 pm
From: Jim Berry <jim.berry3...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Fwd: eBird Report - Crane Beach, Ipswich, Nov 7, 2017
Crane Beach, Ipswich

Nov 7, 2017 2:20 PM - 4:05 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.7 mile(s)
Comments: I birded the beach to the southeast for over half a mile on a cool, gray November day. Not much wind (easterly)--good conditions, though the water was a bit rough.
17 species (+1 other taxon)

Common Eider 1
Surf Scoter 21
White-winged Scoter 5
scoter sp. 4
Long-tailed Duck 4
Red-throated Loon 4
Common Loon 4
Great Cormorant 1
Northern Harrier 1 ad. male
Black-bellied Plover 41
Sanderling 55
Dunlin 200 These birds were resting on the sand with the black-bellies. Most of them flew off before I could get a decent count (and before I had time to look for other sandpipers). This was my rough estimate.
Bonaparte's Gull 2
Ring-billed Gull 9
Herring Gull 15
Great Black-backed Gull 3
American Pipit 5
Snow Bunting 20 I thought I was going to get skunked on this species, but this small flock was in the parking lot when I returned to my car. It's a pathetic total for early November at this beach.

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40367972

http://www.avg.com

Join us on Facebook!