Date: 11/7/17 6:47 pm
From: James P Smith <keenbirder...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Gill - Redheads (late report)
Greetings birders,

I hadn't seen these reported on Massbird but yesterday (11/06) three
Redheads showed up at Barton Cove, Gill and spent the day there. It seems
that they left on the colder, clearer air overnight. Also of note yesterday
at Barton Cove, a Red-throated Loon present for just a few minutes before
noon. I can't recall seeing a RT Loon in Gill/Turner's Falls since I began
watching the area regularly in fall 2005. A few pics from the day can be
seen here;
https://pioneerbirding.blogspot.com/2017/11/ma-redheads-and-red-throated-loon-in.html

15 Buffleheads from three different sites around Turner's Falls was the
most notable arrival event today.

Despite lots of birder activity in the area, there's been no further sign
of the Pink-footed Goose photo-documented, seemingly quite independently,
by Josh Layfield and Joe Oliverio on Sunday morning (11/05). That
particular bird does appear, fairly clearly actually, to be a different
individual to that photographed in Gill on October 30th.

Good birding,

James
https://pioneerbirding.blogspot.com/

Join us on Facebook!