Date: 11/7/17 6:06 pm
From: Joe Hildreth <joehildreth...>
Subject: Re: Tygart Lake fallout also at south end of lake. (SNOW GEESE)
After Terry left and shortly after I realized I’d left my lights on and door open... an additional 2 flicks of swans arrived close to an additional 100 birds. There were also 9 white phase Snow Geese that arrived with the last flock of swans but seemed to circle and move on.... 1 bird was noticeably smaller but I can’t say for sure just how small it was.

Joe Hildreth

> On Nov 7, 2017, at 6:53 PM, Terry Bronson <tbronsonbirds...> wrote:
>
> From the boat launch at the end of the road past Doe Run Impoundment. Many
> numbers are rough estimates due to great distance, scope wobble, and
> observer wobble (it was 42 with a light breeze and light drizzle).
>
> Tundra Swan--156
> American Black Duck--10
> Gadwall--40
> American Wigeon--18
> Mallard--40
> Lesser Scaup--40
> Bufflehead--25
> Common Merganser--25
> Red-breasted Merganser--4
> Duck species--200. Extremely distant at far south end of lake. Just white
> (indicating male Buffleheads, probably) and dark blobs in haze and chop.
> Common Loon--20
> Double-crested Cormorant--1
> Bonaparte's Gull--2
>
> Joe Hildreth was also there and saw Bald Eagles and a couple more
> Cormorants before I arrived.
>
> At Doe Run Impoundment:
>
> Mallard--2
> Greater Yellowlegs--1