Date: 11/7/17 4:50 pm
From: Larry Griffin <orchbird46...>
Subject: [cobirds] Parasitic Jaeger, Windsor Lake, Weld Co.
The jaeger was still present when I left at 3 pm today. It was near the
center of the north side and rather close to the shore (10-15'). I
viewed it across the lake with my scope for about 20 minutes from the
park at the end of Birch Street. It was mostly resting on the water and
preening. At one point it took to the air to harass a Ring-billed Gull.
As the dogfight progressed, the gull turned the tables and aggressively
dove on the jaeger - fun to watch! The jaeger then settled down on the
water in about the same spot as before.

Another observation to share -  as I was driving along LCR 5 before
visiting Windsor Lake, there was an enormous flock of white-cheeked
geese, perhaps 5,000+, settling into the fields just north of the
Budweiser Events Center between I-25 and LCR 5. They nearly darkened the
sky! Among them were a few white geese, sp? (20 or so).

Larry Griffin
Windsor, CO