Date: 11/7/17 3:49 pm
From: Ryan Maclean via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Quaker Ridge 11/7 Final Results inc. Golden Eagle
Today was the kind of November hawkwatching day we all brave the cold
weather for. As I already posted, Red Shoulders were pouring through in
groups of up to 10-11 birds at a time, giving us 226 total and our second
highest daily total ever. We also had our long-overdue first GOLDEN EAGLE
of the season but unfortunately an all too brief and distant look seen only
by myself and Steve Walter. If the rain hadn't come in I'm sure today would
have been even better but tomorrow is looking equally as promising for hawk
watching so get out to a watch if you can (unless you're planning on
looking at Corn Crakes...).

See the full daily totals here:
https://www.hawkcount.org/day_summary.php?rsite=534&ryear=2017&rmonth=11&rday=07

-Ryan MacLean