Date: 11/7/17 3:40 pm
From: Yong Kong <yklitespeed...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Yong's comment on Harvey's recent post seeking Curlew sightings
I was almost certain the Curlew would be found at Brig during the past two
weeks by those who were chasing the Common Greenshank. I was also very
optimistic that Stint and non-breeding plumage Little Egret may also be
discovered through the Patagonia Picnic Table Effect. Reason ? Simple.
Below comment is directly from ABA Blog, Rare Bird Alert, dated November 3,
2017.

*The New Jersey Common Greenshank (ABA Code 3) continues to be a highlight
among returning rarities, with hundreds, perhaps thousands, of birders
making their way to Forsyth NWR this week to find it.*

http://blog.aba.org/2017/11/rare-bird-alert-november-3-2017.html

The day I was at Brig looking at that bleached-out looking cousin of
yellowlegs, I heard one of the UK birder saying it was his 700-something on
his ABA Checklist. Then another birder followed-up that it was his 500th.
And no sighting of Curlew by those expert birders and some with out of state
license plates !!!

Now looking back sitting in front of my keyboard, just realized (once
again) how good of birder Harvey is, not only he finds Curlew at Brig, he
peeks so many birder's interest by his postings and his photos. Also, I can
not stop wondering if those hundreds, perhaps thousands of birders have
logged onto JBirds for the Greenshank updates, and the result was zero.

I was with the group that saw the Hudsonian Godwit, and I did not post to
JBirds or eBird. I did not want to clog up the birding hot line on JBirds
with my non-sense writing as some birders have pointed out to me in the
past.

Yong Kong
Camden County