Date: 11/7/17 2:57 pm
From: Diana Doyle <diana...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ--Pacific Loon, Parker Canyon Lake, Cochise Cnty
I just got home to internet and cell service (we took the very slow Montezuma Pass route home).

A cloudy day hike around Parker Canyon Lake, with a cloudy day loon!

When I spotted it, it didn’t appear to have the build of a Common Loon, but I couldn’t be sure until I checked my photos taken with my ultra-zoom camera.

It sure looks like a Pacific Loon. I has an obvious chin strap, a dark back, a more slender bill, and a gray wash to the back of the head. Perhaps I’m mistaken, but I wanted to get the word out.

I’m putting the photos on eBird now. The checklist is at:

Also two Cassin’s Finches, but they seem to be old news this season!

Diana Doyle
Fairbank, AZ