Date: 11/7/17 2:31 pm
From: Hal Michael <ucd880...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Merlin(n)ing
I would add that, as a birder and photographer, that there are some species that just don't offer good enough views all that often. Pretty sure that if there is an app for Ecuador that many of my shots would not be identifiable. Certainly apps help, but they are one tool just as there is no one Field Guide that works all the time. Like Barb said, we should be disconnected with technology out there rather than adding more layers.

Hal Michael
Science Outreach Director, Sustainable Fisheries Foundation
Olympia WA
360-459-4005
360-791-7702 (C)
<ucd880...>