Date: 11/7/17 9:35 am
From: Michael Thelen <mikethelen...>
Subject: Field Trip Announcement -- StL Area
The ST. LOUIS AUDUBON SOCIETY is sponsoring a field trip this Saturday to
Shaw Nature Reserve in Franklin Cnty.

DATE: Saturday, November 11, 2017

MEETING TIME: 8:00 a.m.

MEETING PLACE: The semi-circle parking lot next to the Visitor Center at
the entrance to SNR. We'll be hiking from the parking lot so it's best to
not use up the temporary parking slots in front of the VC. You'll find me
up at the parking lot which is only a few yards from the VC.

DIRECTIONS: From St. Louis take I-44 west to the hwy 100 exit at Gray
Summit, MO. At the top of the ramp turn left at the traffic light, cross
the interstate, then right on westbound hwy 100. Entrance to SNR is
immediately on the left.

PLAN: This is planned to be a 1/2 day trip. We'll be hiking from the
parking lot on well-groomed trails for a total distance of about 4 miles.
As it's a 1/2 day trip no formal lunch break is planned so bring your own
food and drink to suit. In addition to the resident birds and any late
migrants we find, we'll be looking for sparrows, hawks, finches and siskins,
as well as the crossbills which have been reported widely in Missouri so far
this fall. As of today Saturday's forecast for the morning is not bad.

PARTICIPATION: Everyone is welcome, SLAS members and non-members.

LEADER: Mike Thelen

COST: The field trip is free; however, SNR charges a nominal entrance fee.
The fee is waived for members of the Missouri Botanical Garden. Whether you
are a member of the MBG or not, please be sure to check-in with the desk
inside the VC. If the VC isn't open at 8 a.m. SNR asks that you use either
the sign-in sheet or pay "through the door." The front gate at SNR opens at
7 a.m.

MORE INFO: Contact me or visit <www.stlouisaudubon.org>

Mike Thelen
Univ City, StL Cnty, MO
<mikethelen...>

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html
ASM Spring Meeting: May 4-6, 2018 at Arrow Rock