Date: 11/7/17 6:24 am
From: dawn v <d_villa...>
Subject: [obol] Tillamook West Raptor Survey
I just realized that this is my 7th year of participation in the Winter
Raptor Survey. I'm so grateful to Jeff Fleischer and the East Cascades
Audubon Society for starting and maintaining this wonderful survey. I
look forward to it every year, and have to say that I look at birds
along the roads and highways much differently than I did before I
started. Tillamook West Raptor Survey, Monday, 7 Nov 2017Survey party
- dawn v Started out with rain but it eased up into a good survey day.
Zero Kites, so I was bummed, but consoled myself with a Carrot Cake
ice cream cone at the cheese factory (I always end my route there :o).
Start time 9:05am, 4 hrs 35 min, 58 miles 19 Red-tailed Hawk6 Northern
Harrier
3 American Kestrel13 Bald Eagle, all adult3 Peregrine1 Sharp-shinned
Hawk1 Accipiter sp at Cape Meares lake - flew over the lake into the
village before I could get my bins on it My timing for hitting
Bayocean Rd was late, so I didn't get the eagles on the mud flats.
Interesting that there were no sub-adult eagles at all along the route
yesterday. dawn v
Lincoln City/Nelscott POST: Send your post to <obol...> JOIN
OR QUIT: http://www.freelists.org/list/obol OBOL archives:
www.freelists.org/archive/obol Contact moderator:
<obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!