Date: 11/6/17 2:41 pm
From: Don Gorney <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Red Crossbills Nov 3 - Type 2, 3, and 4
On November 3, Becky Heck and I visited Dunes State Park specifically for the Red Crossbills while we were at the lakefront.  We had a minimum of 62 birds at the parking lot east of the gatehouse. I managed to get two recordings that were very poor in quality.

I heard from Matt Young today about the recordings. He said the first recording at the linked checklist below contains Type 2, 3, and 4 birds.  The second recording is inconclusive as to the types of Red Crossbills. An overview of Red Crossbill types is as http://ebird.org/content/ebird/news/recrtype/

My checklist from Nov 3.

Don Gorney
Indianapolis, IN
317.501.4212
dongorney AT yahoo.com

#yiv7501159827 #yiv7501159827 -- P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}#yiv7501159827

Join us on Facebook!