Date: 11/6/17 2:39 pm
From: David Govatski <david.govatski...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Pondicherry birds and news from Monday
There was one loon and 12 ring necked ducks on Cherry Pond on Monday morning. Visibility was not good in the light rain that was falling and there were a lot of other waterfowl further out on the pond. We had two each three person saw crews that were able to reopen both the Little Cherry Pond Trail and the Mooseway Trail. Our four helpers came from Americorps and were essential to getting the trail reopened. We had about 90 trees, including the fallen national champion black spruce to cut through. The forest between Cherry and Little Cherry Ponds looks considerably different now. But disturbance is something forests deal with including this spruce fir forest. The habitat will change and be favorable for different wildlife species. Snowshoe hare will benefit. We will finish clearing the rail trail from Route 115A on Tuesday. Still to be decided is if we will have a trail work day on Veterans Day.

David Govatski
Jefferson, NH