Date: 11/6/17 10:49 am
From: Cheryl J Jacobson via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Presentation by Dr. Bryan Watts (Director of Center for Conservation Biology)--Save the Date

November 15, 2017,  7 pm meeting.  William and Mary (get parking pass from our website Williamsburg Bird Club) I am sure you will not want to miss hearing Dr. Watts so I am sending this save the date email.  The speaker will be Dr. Bryan Watts.  See information below.

He has titled his presentation: “Hitting the Waterbird Lottery”.
Dr. Bryan Watts is the Director of the Center for Conservation Biology. He will be talking about the recovery of waterbirds in the Chesapeake Bay and some of the unexpected chapters that are beginning to develop over the past decade or so.
He will focus on population growth/recovery of bald eagle, osprey, great blue heron, brown pelican and double-crested cormorant (the five big fish eating breeders in the Bay) for the first half of the talk and then focus on some of the unexpected chapters that are unfolding now for the second half. Hope to see you! Cheryl Jacobson