Date: 11/6/17 10:34 am
From: Josh Bruening <87211jjb...>
Subject: [cobirds] Parasitic Jaeger-Windsor Lake-Weld
Had to run to windsor for work and wanted to follow up on Gary Lefko's post. Currently looking at the bird. I'm not convinced it's the same Jaeger as the Timnath bird yet but could be. It is an Intermediate Morph Parasitic for sure. Seems to have a lot more white barring on the belly and undertail coverts than the pics from Timnath. But it could just be lighting as well. Still has 4-5 white primary shafts that I captured in a bad but identifiable photo. This bird has been preening itself non-stop and is content to sit on the water. I've been watching it for 30 minutes and it has only gotten up twice. Hasn't been harassing gulls as much. Maybe mornings are for resting. This bird was observed by two other ladies whose names I did not catch before they left.

Josh Bruening
Fort Collins by way of Windsor Lake(not reservoir)