Date: 11/5/17 7:40 pm
From: <maliadances...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Yard Nashville Warbler and a Laughing Dove(?)
This afternoon while having some lunch, a Nashville Warbler was briefly seen in our yard. It was chased off into our neighbor's by a Yellow-rumped Warbler. Once I had the camera in hand, I waited for it to return, but it never came back.

For the last couple of days an interesting dove has been visiting our yard. I believe it is a Laughing Dove. If I got the ID right, and it is a Laughing Dove, it is native from parts of Africa and the Mid-East. It also has been introduced and established in Australia. Of course it is an escaped bird. I have not been able to find out much about their pet shop popularity status. It has been cautiously hanging out with the Morning and Eurasian Collared Doves. Chris got some photos of it yesterday evening. I have uploaded them here. This dove is not in any of my North American guidebooks, so having done some searching on eBird and the net, Laughing Dove is my best guess. Comments welcome!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49404229@N07/38204115071/in/datetaken-public/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/49404229@N07/38204115071/in/datetaken-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49404229@N07/26427135259/in/datetaken-public/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/49404229@N07/26427135259/in/datetaken-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49404229@N07/38204064451/in/datetaken-public/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/49404229@N07/38204064451/in/datetaken-public/

Malia