Date: 11/5/17 7:25 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: RBA ZT Hawk in Wash
Quite the coincidence. Recently while doing a sea watch with Darrell Faxon he mentioned that he had seen one some years ago (near his farm I believe) in fall.

I see the species every winter in Arizona. They are easy to pass off as Turkey Vultures. I have looked for one in Oregon for years, but mine have all been Turkey Vultures. Birds seen at unusual times of year for Turkey Vultures should be given close scrutiny. Zone-tailed seven do the rocky flight of. a Turkey Vulture.

Neat find by Em and Adrian.

Jeff Gilligan

> On Nov 5, 2017, at 3:56 PM, Alan Contreras <acontrer56...> wrote:
>
> “Matt Dufort reports that Adrian Hinkle and Em Scattaregia found an apparent Zone-Tailed Hawk in #NeahBay Washington. Would be the first for Washington and maybe the first for the northwest region?”
>

> Alan Contreras
> Eugene, Oregon
>
> <acontrer56...>
>
> www.alanlcontreras.com