Date: 11/5/17 7:12 pm
From: David Pearson <dpearson...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] AZ, Gila Co., Pinal Mt. south of Globe
Today (5 Nov.) Anne Leight and I birded the Pinal Mt. area for seven hours and found 70 species. The most interesting were a LEWIS' WOODPECKER along Russell Rd., a CLARK'S NUTCRACKER along Madera Peak Rd., a record high total of 13 GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETS from Sulfide del Rey to Pinal Peak, 28 FOX SPARROWS (Slate-colored form) at five stops in the chaparral along FS 51 and 651 (every stop yielded 3 to 8 individuals, and if we had made more stops the number could easily have been doubled), and several flocks of RED CROSSBILLS and CASSIN'S FINCHES. Details on eBird.

David L Pearson

School of Life Sciences
Arizona State University
Tempe AZ 85287-4501