Date: 11/5/17 6:18 pm
From: Kyle Wilmarth <kyle.wilmarth...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Brant, presumed Pine Grosbeak - Powwow Pond
I spent a couple hours on Powwow Pond with a friend his afternoon. It was
the first time I'd paddled out there in a while and as usual it did not
disappoint.

The first highlight was a BRANT that was seen on the east end of the pond,
it was headed east and not sure if it circled back around.

Another interesting bird was what I presume to be a Pine Grosbeak...I was
alerted to a yellowlegs (tee tee tew) type call overhead. After failing to
spot 'the yellowlegs', I realized it was coming from a passerine that
appeared to land in the tall pines not far from the boat launch - the tree
also happened to be loaded with pine cones. I was unable to relocate it as
I got closer, and I never did get a clear visual, but I'm not sure what
else it could have been?

There was also a nice flock of Rusty Blackbirds (40ish) and then some
Red-winged Blackbirds (500+) who were interestingly going to town on pine
cones.

Kyle Wilmarth
Plaistow, NH