Date: 11/5/17 5:20 pm
From: George W Gove <gwgove...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Golden Plover #2
Saturday, Nov 4, '17, while driving thru the Northampton East Meadows,
we stopped to watch a potato-picking machine and while looking across
the field, Judy spotted a shorebird in the field up against a furrow and
well camouflaged. As the potato picker got closer, the bird straightened
up and we could see that it was a HY, or bird-of-the-year, Golden
Plover. It eventually ran out of the way of the picker and we drove out
of the way.

Today while driving on Mason Road in Jefferson, aka Holden, thru the
large DCR field, we spotted a Merlin sitting atop a tree next to the
road. It was also well camouflaged looking like part of the tree.

George Gove & Judy Gordon
Marlboro

Join us on Facebook!