Date: 11/5/17 4:02 pm
From: Stephen Mirick <smirick...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Coastal Roundup - 93 species (Cave Swallow, WE Vireo, Yellow Warbler, Chat, Indigo Bunting, S-E Owls)
I've compiled a rough list of "coastal" birds recorded this weekend.
Mostly by Jane and I, but also with a few choice "nuggets" by other
birders.  I'm sure I'm missing a few species seen by others, but still
interesting to compare and contrast with the Concord list.

Brant
Canada Goose
Wood Duck - 6 yesterday on Dodge Ponds in Hampton Falls.
American Wigeon - Lots on Great Bay yesterday, but no Eurasian.
American Black Duck
Mallard
Northern Pintail
Green-winged Teal
Ring-necked Duck
Greater Scaup
Lesser Scaup
Common Eider
Surf Scoter
White-winged Scoter
Black Scoter
Long-tailed Duck
Bufflehead
Common Goldeneye
Hooded Merganser
Red-breasted Merganser
Red-throated Loon
Common Loon
Pied-billed Grebe - 1 yesterday on Dodge Pond in Hampton Falls.
Horned Grebe
Red-necked Grebe
Northern Gannet
Double-crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
GREAT EGRET - 1 lingering bird in Hampton reported by Marj Watson.
Turkey Vulture
Northern Harrier
Sharp-shinned Hawk
Cooper's Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
Peregrine Falcon
Black-bellied Plover
Semipalmated Plover
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs - Lingering birds in Hampton marshes
Sanderling
Semipalmated Sandpiper - 1 in Hampton harbor today by Jason Lambert.
White-rumped Sandpiper - 2 yesterday, but none today.
Dunlin
American Woodcock - Seen by Jason Lambert MIGRATING IN FROM OFFSHORE!
Bonaparte's Gull
Laughing Gull - Late bird today
Ring-billed Gull
Herring Gull
Iceland Gull - Adult bird migrating
Lesser Black-backed Gull - Woody
GLAUCOUS GULL - Immature bird migrating.
Great Black-backed Gull
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove
SHORT-EARED OWL - 2 birds seen yesterday only.  One by Jason Lambert in
Seabrook.  One in Rye by Katie Towler and Jim Sparrell.
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
WHITE-EYED VIREO - 1 today at Odiorne as previously reported
Blue Jay
American Crow
Horned Lark
CAVE SWALLOW - 1 seen yesterday by Jason Lambert at Bicentennial Park.
Black-capped Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
White-breasted Nuthatch
Carolina Wren
Winter Wren - 1 yesterday in Seabrook
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Eastern Bluebird
Hermit Thrush
American Robin
Gray Catbird - 1 yesterday in Hampton.  1 today at Odiorne.
Northern Mockingbird
European Starling
Snow Bunting - Remarkably FEW for first weekend in November.  Less than
10 total for Jane and I.   Only 3 at Hampton Beach SP!!!
ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER - 1 yesterday at Odiorne.
YELLOW WARBLER - Continuing bird in Hampton.  My first ever November record.
Yellow-rumped Warbler
YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT - 1 yesterday at Odiorne by Leo Mckillop.
American Tree Sparrow - 1 yesterday at Odiorne.
Savannah Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Northern Cardinal
INDIGO BUNTING - 1 yesterday at Great Bay Farm in Greenland. Ties my
latest date for NH.
Red-winged Blackbird
House Finch
American Goldfinch