Date: 11/5/17 3:30 pm
From: James Billstine <billstinj...>
Subject: [obol] Tillamook County Bay Birds
I spent 6 hours today birding Tillamook Bay with Terry Lewis from Garibaldi
to Bayocean Spit. There were small numbers of common overwintering species
in phenominally clear conditions.

The best birds were a Red-Shouldered Hawk, a Merlin chasing Siskins right
in front of us, and 6 Western Sandpipers perched on a floating log on the
bay. Also several Eurasian Wigeon in a mixed duck wad at Bayocean Spit.

I am going to try to put together an informal birder's night in Tillamook
County in December. Maybe the person running the Tillamook Bay CBC would be
interested in collaboration?

James Billstine

Join us on Facebook!