Date: 11/5/17 1:11 pm
From: Amy Henrici <henriciac...>
Subject: Lake Somerset, Somerset County: Tumpeter swans NO, shorebirds YES
This morning Pat and I drove up to Lake Somerset to see what was around.
The Trumpeter swans were not there, but we saw plenty of shorebirds. We did
not see any shorebirds when we parked at the dam, fishing pier, and the
inlet to the lake. Once the rain stopped, we along the lake shore towards
the inlet and saw nine Greater yellowlegs. Then we drove back to the
parking lot above the inlet and walked the lake shore towards the dam.
While walking we heard and then saw two flocks of pipits and later saw a
flock of 136 dunlins fly in. Other shorebirds include a Golden Plover, two
White-rumped sandpipers, and seven killdeer. Not bad considering it is
early November.

Join us on Facebook!