Date: 11/5/17 10:15 am
From: <esaterojarvi...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Lakes and loons (Lancaster)
Saturday was nice, got my yearly common loon at Branched Oak and a Western Grebe. Ducks were rather few other than Hooded Merganser.

Sunday improved past noon for the lakes, so you can still go see what is around, the morning was windy. Three parties have gone to Pawnee lakes in recent eBird activity. I found one loon in the most awful wind. Other than coots, did not try to ID the ducks. A few hunters in boats. Then at the North end I found another loon. A very annoying loon as it posed for photos and when I got back to the scope, the loon was gone. Did not reappear in 15 minutes of hanging around. Here is the list with blurry photo of the North end loon.

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40320244 http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40320244

Esa Jarvi, Lincoln

Join us on Facebook!