Date: 11/5/17 6:17 am
From: Jeff Keating <jffkeats...>
Subject: Coot ID question
I was at Milford wetlands Friday morning and saw what looked like a coot in
water. It was all by itself, which seemed odd for a coot. It was close,
looked kind of different, but nothing striking. Mostly didn't think the
bill looked as white as usual. As it swam away it had it's tail extended
upwards, and the underside was completely white. It struck me odd, again,
that I'd never noticed that much white on their tails. Looking at Sibley,
nothing screams anything else. Have I just missed that white tail all these
years on a coot?

Jeff Keating
Milford

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html