Date: 11/5/17 3:44 am
From: Robert Guth <bobwgfsa...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Porter County Rusty Blackbird, Winter Wren, Fox Sparrow
On Saturday November 4, while birding the lakefront, I visited a couple locations separately from the larger group reported by John Cassaday . Lists are on eBird, but here are some highlights.

At West Beach near Long Lake, I found 355 American Coots, 11 Golden-crowned Kinglets, 3 Song Sparrows, 2 Swamp Sparrows, a Field Sparrow, a Winter Wren, and two Red-headed Woodpeckers. Near the West Beach gatehouse, there were 40 Rusty Blackbirds.

Near Beverly Shores on the Great Marsh Trail, I saw a Fox Sparrow. However, that trail is partly under water due to Beaver flooding, so I was unable to cover most of it.

Bob Guth
Goshen, IN
bobwgfsa using gmail

Join us on Facebook!