Date: 11/4/17 10:14 pm
From: Brodie Cass Talbott <brodietlewis...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Mystery dead seabird id - Nehalem Bay State Park
In the spirit of Noah's recent email, and my own not having a clue, Merlin
says it's a cassins auklet. Or some kind of a shearwater.

On Nov 4, 2017 21:30, "Beverly Hallberg" <mapsout...> wrote:

Hi all,

I found this dead seabird last week on the beach at Nehalem Bay State
Park. There is virtually no neck - it's sort of football-shaped. It's
seems rather large - one of the pictures has my shoe in it which is 4-1/2"
width. There are some plumage clues in the wings and feathers. Any ideas?

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmawCHTG

By the way, like Russ, I also found a dead Barred Owl on the beach a couple
weeks ago on the Manzanita Beach.

Thanks, Beverly

Join us on Facebook!