Date: 11/4/17 7:54 pm
From: Nagi Aboulenein <nagi.aboulenein...>
Subject: [obol] Newport area birds - Nov 4
Taghrid and I birded in the Newport area today - all in all, a pretty good day. In addition to the usual suspects for this time of year, we had the following highlights:

• Peregrine Falcon (1) - South Jetty
• Northern Pygmy Owl (1) - in trees around Ona Beach parking lot, being mobbed by a crowd of Chickadees.
• Costa’s Hummingbird (1) - thanks to Eric Horvath for so graciously and generously allowing hordes of birders to invade his front yard.
• White-fronted Geese (7 immature) - South Jetty gull pond
• Marbled Godwits (5) - Hatfield MSC Nature Trail (near the wooden shelter)
• Surfbirds, Black Turnstones (12, 3) - Yaquina Head (around Colony Rock)

Here is a link to a few photos:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskwsGecD

(Excuse the poor Northern Pygmy Owl photo - distance was pretty extreme, and lighting was poor).

Cheers,

Nagi & Taghrid

Join us on Facebook!