Date: 11/4/17 6:25 pm
From: Dianne & Steve Kinder <000000023c9fba03-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Smithville Lake trip
Four members of Grand River Audubon met up with four members of Midland Empire Audubon, and couple of local Master Naturalist guys for our annual Smithville Loon trip. We were not disappointed as we observed 42 Common Loons from one spot, plus several more other places. Had good numbers of Pied-billed and Horned Grebes too, but Ducks were few and scattered, with a male Hooded and a female Red-breasted Merganser the most interesting found.
  The other highlight and a surprise was a Red Crossbill singing from the top of a small Oak Tree in the Camp Branch Marina area! When it flew off there were two more with it.
 Nice outing!
Steve <Kinderdmkinder...>

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/
ABA Birding Code of Ethics