Date: 11/4/17 6:06 pm
From: <jacksonwrxt89...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Horned Larks - Sunapee
After partaking in today's Concord November Challenge I stopped by the hay fields along Trask Brook Road in Sunapee. As I drove onto the road two HORNED LARKS flushed up but came to land only feet off the side roadside. Of course I didn't have my camera but I pulled off a documentation shot with my phone. Right now the nearby farm is spreading manure all over the fields to fertilize next year's harvest and it really seems to attract the Larks and Pipits.
https://flic.kr/p/215e8Bf

As mentioned before, I joined Jane Hills and Michael Thompson in the Concord November Challenge where we birded around a few spots near the McClane Audubon Center. Things are definitely slowing down, but both an Eastern and Western PALM WARBLER were a nice late find at the Birch Street Community Gardens. We also found a FOX SPARROW at White Farm which added a nice touch to our day.
Western:
https://flic.kr/p/GdvVca
https://flic.kr/p/GdvVck
Eastern:
https://flic.kr/p/GdvVbi

On a final note, a few weeks ago I found a leucistic Canada Goose in Chapin Pond in Newport that showed almost a completely white head. I got documentation photos but then totally forgot about it until today, whoops!
https://flic.kr/p/GdwgFr

-Dylan Jackson
Sunapee

Sent from my iPhone