Date: 11/4/17 6:00 pm
From: <maliadances...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Continuing Ferruginous Hawk and misc. 11/4

We saw the continuing Ferruginous Hawk today at Cowell-Purisima Coastal trail. It was originally spotted hunting over the field near the .5 mile marker. It flew east crossing HWY 1 towards Bob's Produce and we lost it as it dipped out of view. Also along the trail in a large flock of crowned sparrows we found 1 White-throated Sparrow.

document photos are on our eBird checklist here: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40303281 http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40303281

A couple of Red-breasted Nuthatches have been seen and heard consistently this last week in the conifers just west of the bathroom by the Sweetwood Group Camp picnic area.

Malia DeFelice and Chris Hayward

Join us on Facebook!