Date: 11/4/17 5:52 pm
From: Derek Heins <dlheins...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Abbot's Lagoon Lapland Longspur
This morning Jim Chiropolos and I enjoyed the birding and scenery at
Abbot's Lagoon. HIghlight was a single Lapland Longspur found among a
flock of roughly 100 American Pipits on the west side of the lagoon. On
the way out we had counted 55 Snowy Plovers hunkered down in the wind, but
on the way back we found them relocated closer to the lagoon but the count
had risen to 96.

Other highlights were 2 male Redheads and a Eurasian Wigeon among hundreds
of waterfowl at the far south end of the lagoon. We also had a Ferruginous
Hawk and Cackling Goose from the parking lot.

Derek Heins

Join us on Facebook!