Date: 11/4/17 5:52 pm
From: Tom Ewert <ewert.tom...>
Subject: Plover at Quivira
Wichita Audubon had our annual field trip to Quivira for the cranes today.
North of 170th our car and a couple others located the black-bellied
plovers mentioned by others. We also found 4 smaller plovers which I
identified as snowy plovers because of their extremely light color
contrasting with a light brown/tan. They were really too far away to see
leg or bill color. Birds of Kansas says Oct 18 as the late date for them.
I've seen a lot of snowy plovers at Quivira so that is what I expected to
see if they were small plovers. I hope somebody who looks for the whoopers
tomorrow can confirm these smaller plovers.
good birding,
Tom Ewert
Wichita

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html