Date: 11/4/17 4:01 pm
From: DAVID KOCH <davilene...>
Subject: Fox sparrow, Koch Property, Northampton County
I realize this isn't a rarity but it's the first migrant one I've seen here this fall. A visiting birder found it first. Other sparrows include what you'd expect - songs everywhere, swamps, whitethroats (lots), white-crowned's, chipping, fields, Savannah, and one or two Lincoln's. Juncos have moved in big time. Also, an eastern phoebe is still here hawking insects. A bit extralimital -   the Scotts Mtn hawkwatch across the Delaware River above Phillipsburg, NJ, reported an amazing 68 red-shouldered hawks today.
 Arlene Koch Easton, PA Northampton County <davilene...>

Join us on Facebook!