Date: 11/4/17 3:40 pm
From: Nancy A Carter <revnacarter...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Grackles
This afternoon, probably around 3 pm, in Ticonderoga, NY, I also had a
large flock of grackles - I guess around 200. The sounds they made were
amazing. I was working in the garage and stepped outside to see what the
noise was. I did not realize it was birds.

They rested for a few minutes in the trees on my property, moving to
different trees from time to time. At one point, they tried to rest in a
Linden tree that the crows consider their own; a crow chased them. A short
time later, they returned to that tree but, this time, no crows
complained. A few minutes later, they flew away with a "whoosh."

Nancy A. Carter
near the northern end of Lake George
<revnacarter...>

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 4:56 PM, Sue <2birdvt...> wrote:

> A large flock of grackles (150) poured over Rt 7 just north of Blue Seal
> in Brandon.
>

> --

Join us on Facebook!