Date: 11/4/17 3:37 pm
From: Derek Hill <derekthehill...>
Subject: [cobirds] Re: Parasitic Jaeger-Timnath Res-Larimer cont'd
COBirds,

Jaeger at Timnath was present for at least a brief moment midday today
11/4/17. Several birders were present and it was spotted chasing a gull
(RBGU I think), and clearly 5-10% smaller than the gull. It chased a gull
far away then proceeded to go out of sight southwest of the lake, blown by
the very strong winds. I am torn between LTJA and PAJA on this bird. Based
on the mass of this bird and it's behavior, LTJA/PAJA I cannot say but
definitely not Pomarine. Not having seen it well enough in person, I can't
give much info. But based on the photos shared by another birder taken
yesterday I think there's a distinct possibility it is a Long-tailed
Jaeger. But I don't know! Hopefully it'll stick around or photos will be
shared for more input.

Good birding,

Derek Hill
Milliken, CO