Date: 11/4/17 3:23 pm
From: Beau Schaefer <beauschaefer...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Lake County Scoters, etc.
The on-again-off-again SURF SCOTERS at NPM were back today. Adam Sell reported 5 this morning, and I had 2 this afternoon, though I think the others were hiding near the rock wall. Also, at the park office of IBSP there were 3 female BLACK SCOTERS feeding very close in the surf.
Also of note were the 1000+ gulls in the harvested cornfields due to all the rain. I searched carefully through the birds but was only able to pick out 3 LESSER BLACK-BACKED adults. The largest groups were at Atkinson Rd. In Grayslake and the roundabout at Wadsworth Rd. And Hunt Club Rd.

Bird On!
Beau Schaefer
Round Lake Beach, IL
Lake County