Date: 11/4/17 2:04 pm
From: Gina Nichol via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] 11/4 - Milford Point -- 4 Nelson's Sparrows plus
Sunrise Birding conducted a free bird walk at Milford Point this morning to
support WaderQuest's Wader Conservation World Watch. Below is our ebird report.
We had 4 species of waders and most numerous were Dunlin. Other highlights
included 4 Nelson's Sparrows, 3 Common Mergansers, a late Osprey, an adult Bald
Eagle, a Peregrine Falcon chasing shorebirds and gulls, and a Raccoon sleeping
on the Osprey platform in the marsh (viewed on the nest cam!). Thanks to
those who participated.

The Wader Conservation World Watch is taking place all weekend to raise
awareness about shorebird conservation around the world. I urge you to report
any other shorebirds you see this weekend.
Info at: http://www.waderquest.org/p/wader-quest-world-watch.html.

Coastal Center at Milford Point, New Haven, Connecticut, US
Nov 4, 2017 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.6 mile(s)
Comments: Sunrise Birding walk to support Wader Conservation World Watch.
48 species (+2 other taxa)

Brant 250
Canada Goose 100
Mute Swan 11
Gadwall 4
American Wigeon 12
Mallard 2
American Black Duck 100
Hooded Merganser 3
Common Merganser 3
Common Loon 2
Double-crested Cormorant 40
Great Blue Heron 14
Snowy Egret 2
Turkey Vulture 2
Osprey 1
Northern Harrier 1
Cooper's Hawk 1
Bald Eagle 1
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Black-bellied Plover 25
Sanderling 4
Dunlin 250
Greater Yellowlegs 2
Laughing Gull 6
Ring-billed Gull 100
Herring Gull 60
Mourning Dove 4
Red-bellied Woodpecker 2
Peregrine Falcon 1
Eastern Phoebe 1
crow sp. 2
Common Raven 2
Horned Lark 2
Carolina Wren 2
Golden-crowned Kinglet 2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
American Robin 3
thrush sp. 1
Northern Mockingbird 1
European Starling 60
Snow Bunting 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 3
Nelson's Sparrow 4
Dark-eyed Junco 30
White-throated Sparrow 8
Savannah Sparrow 4
Song Sparrow 2
House Finch 8
American Goldfinch 1
House Sparrow 16

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40297052

Gina Beebe Nichol
Sunrise Birding LLC
Worldwide Bird Watching Tours & Wildlife Safaris
PO Box 274, Cos Cob, CT 06807
<gina...>
www.sunrisebirding.com
USA 203.453.6724