Date: 11/4/17 9:57 am
From: John Kent <k2ent76...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Albany County reservoirs, 11/4
At Basic Creek Reservoir in Westerlo this morning, I found one Horned Grebe and five American Coots. Otherwise, the waterfowl assortment was typical, though this was the first time this fall I've seen Common Goldeneye there. My full list is at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40294419

I checked Alcove Reservoir from the roadside by the spillway and saw 12 distant Long-tailed Ducks, accompanied by one American Coot.

At Stanton Pond, there were good numbers of American Wigeon, as well as Northern Pintails, Mallards, Green-winged Teal, and Gadwall. I looked carefully through hundreds of Canada Geese but couldn't find any other geese.

John Kent
Selkirk

Join us on Facebook!