Date: 11/4/17 8:10 am
From: john kendall <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Lakefront Franklin's & Black-backed Gulls, Red-necked Grebe, Red Crossbills type 2 and 4, Long-tailed Ducks
I performed a lake watch in the am with Don Gorney and Becky Heck and then moved eastward along the lakeshore.
While there was some movement of waterfowl (all 3 Scoters and a Long-tailed Duck that Don located), gulls and more uncommmon species we sought were not moving.
Highlights in the afternoon were Rusty Blackbirds and an adult Red-necked Grebe in Porter Co., upgrade in my photos and recordings of Red Crossbills at Dunes SP, and Lesser Black-backed & Franklin's Gulls along with a fly-by Long-tailed Duck at Michigan City.  The Franklin's Gull was a sadly, moribund 1st-winter bird that died soon after I saw it on the beach.

Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jckendall/

Miller Beach Marquette Park:

West Beach: 10 Rusty Blackbirds along entrance rd.

Portage Lakefront Park: devoid of birds
Beverly Shores/Dune Acres Shrike areas-nothing of note except many Red-headed Woodpeckers

Porter Co. site:

Indiana Dunes SP:
eBird Checklist – Indiana Dunes SP, Indiana – Fri Nov 03, 2017 – 1 species

Michigan City Harbor:

John Kendall
Warsaw

Join us on Facebook!