Date: 11/3/17 7:32 pm
From: Jeff McCoy <jeffmccoy...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Roush Reservoir - Dunlin mega-flock
November 3rd
Roush Reservoir, Huntington Co., notables-
Green-winged Teal 4
Ring-necked Duck 3
Lesser Scaup 16
Hooded Merganser 3
Red-breasted Merganser 2
Ruddy Duck 3
Common Loon 2
Greater Yellowlegs 1
Dunlin 693 (all but 13 were in one flock on the flats looking east from Kil-so-qua Campground; biggest single flock of this species I've ever seen in Indiana; was initially pleased with the 13 I had on the old Little Turtle Beach!)
Bonaparte's Gull 95 (distracted, however, from my counting by a movie crew that arrived and unloaded a live donkey on to the beach)
Red-headed Woodpecker 11 (going nuts in the campground over this year's oak mast crop; dropping acorns on my head while trying to count Dunlin, a lot of distractions today)

--
Jeff McCoy
Columbia City, Indiana

Join us on Facebook!