Date: 11/3/17 4:13 pm
From: Saundra Byrd via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Assateague bay from refuge entrance
Did a brief check of the marsh of Assateague bay from the bridge near the entrance to the refuge this afternoon. 20 pigeons under and on the sides of the bridge. They were quite restless . I think it may have been because of the Northern harrier who was hunting the marsh. 55 semipalmated sandpipers foraging the mudflats with a few yellowlegs. Yesterday Osprey and white egrets on the wildlife loop. Also what looked like a dead young osprey. It was headless so it was hard to tell. Fluffy light brown chest .but dark wings. So sortof owl chest with osprey wings..
Also finally found my great horned owl at trailsend campground today.
Fun day
Saundra byrd
Horntown va.