Date: 11/3/17 2:57 pm
From: Brian Taber via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Jaeger Show in Chesapeake Bay
As a follow-up to Ned Brinkley's jaeger post...for those who don't know, he's conducting Year 5 of the Baywatch Waterbird Survey for Coastal Virginia Wildlife Observatory. We couldn't have a more experienced person doing it. Our survey window of time has been from Oct 1 to Nov 30 each year, though certainly from December into winter we know there is plenty of bird movement in the lower Chesapeake Bay.

The Baywatch goal is to provide data about bird usage of the Bay, to share with our colleagues who are also pursuing conservation goals. A summary report will be produced next year. There have been a number of fascinating observations.

Brian Taber
Coastal Virginia Wildlife Observatory