Date: 11/3/17 9:18 am
From: David Arbour <arbour...>
Subject: Red Slough yesterday - Fulvous Whistling Duck!
Yesterday while touring Doug James and his wife and sister-in-law and two
college students we ran into along the way, we found a Fulvous Whistling
Duck on Pintail Lake. You can see a poor but identifiable photo of it that
I managed to get, inspite of long distances and poor lighting, here:
http://www.pbase.com/red_slough_wma/image/166507539 . Also here are some
other interesting birds I saw throughout the day yesterday while working at
Red Slough:

Osprey - 1

Bald Eagle - 1

Common Gallinule - 1

Sedge Wren - 1

LeConte's Sparrow - 1

Note: The reservoir area (Waterfowl Refuge Area) is closed to entry now
till the end of January because of duck season. So entry into this area can
only be done if you are on a tour with myself or Ford Hendershot.

David Arbour

De Queen, AR

Join us on Facebook!