Date: 11/3/17 6:30 am
From: Peter Trull <petrull...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] boxes, bluebirds et al.
Massbirders, with permission of the moderator.
After sending out a dozen or so bluebird boxes last winter, I hope to get more distributed around the state by spring as a contribution to the success of cavity nesting birds. I make these boxes in my garage and will send them free to anyone who will send me postage, (about $13.oo to send anywhere in MA). These proctor boxes, designed by Beresford Proctor of Mamaroneck N.Y. and shown to my by Bob Prescott (WBWS) about 30 years ago, are easy maintenance and very productive. Bluebirds, chickadees, titmice, tree swallows, great-crested flycatcher and screech owl have all nested in my boxes. I am beginning production and will send anyone a box and species specific location instructions and maintenance suggestions. I pay a minimal amount for the wood, I buy screws, glue and wire brads so any small contribution is welcome. If you e mail me your name and mailing address, I’ll put you on the list in order of email reception. Send me cash or a check for postage, $13.oo, and I’ll send you a box ASAP. It’s important to support the success of cavity nesting birds. Nothing more beautiful than an eastern bluebird on a box that you provided for them.
Peter Trull
18 Elbow Pond Dr.
Brewster, MA 02631
<petrull...>