Date: 11/3/17 6:08 am
From: Bulmer, Anthony via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Common Raven 11/2
Yesterday around 10 am, I witnessed a common raven playing catch with some sort of trash in Tysons Corner. Amazing, it would drop the trash from where it was perched on the building's roof, pause for a moment, then free fall to secure the catch right before it hit the ground. I have seen this behavior before but not in such an urban setting. Common ravens are my favorite bird for a reason.

Tony Bulmer
Lakefront Naturalist/Historian Senior Intepreter
703-324-8618
"A lake is the landscape's most beautiful and expressive feature. It is earth's eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature." ~Henry David Thoreau