Date: 11/3/17 5:51 am
From: Barbara Buck <brbrbuck0...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] American Dipper at Boyce Thompson Arboretum 10/29/17
Late post. On Sunday (10/29) my non-birder friend, Janna Blok, photographed an American Dipper at Ayer Lake in Boyce Thompson Arboretum, Superior, Pinal County, AZ. She took many photos, one of which is posted below. She described the location of the sighting as in the northwest area of the pond. From the photo, it appears that the Am Dipper is at a stream of piped water. Photo has been submitted to AZFO but I haven’t been able to get out there to see it myself (if still there) and it is not on eBird. I got word of it on Wednesday.
Doug Jenness reported to me “This is definitely not new for Pinal County, but the only other location I know of where it has been seen is the western part of Aravaipa Canyon, a couple of miles east of the wilderness trailhead. In the last few years it has been regular every fall, including this year, and may winter as there have been March reports.”
Babs

Barbara (Babs) Buck
<brbrbuck0...> <mailto:<brbrbuck0...>

www.babsbirdingexperiences.blogspot.com <http://www.babsbirdingexperiences.blogspot.com/>